Sunday, June 08, 2008

This blog entry is going to jump around

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Okay, my new favorite thing is Pandora. If you go to http://www.pandora.com , you can enter an artist or song, and it will develop a radio station with artists that are similar. It's been a lifesaver during a VERY boring 12 hour shift at work. (Another shift where they're paying to me to do nothing!)

One of the nurses I am working with tonight just got into a sneezing fit. Seriously, at least four full minutes of sneezing. Not continuous, but enough that I would have needed a Depends, because after four sneezes, I've probably pretty well soaked my drawers. And I bet she sneezed around 20 times.

Today I got up and got in the pool. I asked David to cover my back in sunscreen, which he is horrible at. He'll tell me he's done, and I'll have to say, 'No, David. I mean REALLY put it on there thick!' and he'll get mad and tell me he did.

So I come inside after two hours, and my back is red. Not my arms. Not my legs. Not my face. MY BACK. David said, 'Damn, your back is going to be BURNED!' I said, 'Yeah, that's what happens when you tell someone to put sunscreen on you and they do a shitty job of it.'

He gets an 'A' for effort in trying to make up at least 30 different reasons why my back being burned had nothing to do with the lack of sunscreen he applied to it.

I am, quite literally, a redneck right now.

Okay, speaking of redneck, we have some tree stumps in our yard we need removed. Now, we had a guy lined up to grind the stumps down who kept NOT showing up. So I finally got pissed off, because all we're doing is going to plant a flower bed when the stump is gone, so I planted it anyway!

Photobucket

The fence is temporary. It's keeping the dogs out until they realize they'll be chinese food if they go near it. We're getting stone this weekend.

Yeah, Fat Girl went to Lowe's and bought 200 lbs of top soil and planted this in the dark. I think I did a pretty good job!

The previous owners had some crazy tall bushes planted in the landscaping out front, and once David dug them up, we realized there was a plant behind them. I told David I thought it was a lily. Sure enough, it finally gets some sun and I see this:

Photobucket

I LOVE LILIES!

Ooh, admission. I guess I get to do my job after all.

2 comments:

Wheels and Lollipops said...

I heart pandora as well. Have you tried deezer.com ?

Good work on the gardening, I so don't have a green thumb

Navasha said...

Your plants are pretty.