Friday, January 04, 2008

We won the RSV lottery again!

Thankfully, our daycare has starting giving credit if your child misses an entire week. So next payday, we only pay for a week, instead of two. Good news in the midst of chaos!

Matthew is OBSESSED with taking a bath. He started in on me this morning, and I kept saying no. Not because I like my child being filthy and smelling like an old sock, mind you, but because he's had so many vapor baths in the past 48 hours I'm afraid his skin is drying out. Not only does he not give a shit, he's pointing at the tub screaming, 'BATH! BATH! BATH!' incessantly. Finally I scream back at him, 'ALRIGHT!' and start running water. What? It's not like he was asking for crack cocaine.

He doesn't understand the concept that sleeping will help him feel better. It will also allow me some time to myself to drink coffee and attempt sanity. And maybe give him a neb treatment. (Which makes him giggle and scream, 'It's my medicine!') Hell, I'd like to take a nap too! Child, quick waking me up at 7:30 screaming for a cereal bar!

On top of the RSV, he had an ear infection which means fever. Not just ANY fever, but 'Matthew fever'. 'Matthew fever' is any fever > 104, but usually >105.

No comments: